Q:May I ask for some Molly overhearing Sherlock explaining the solar system to their baby?
The cry of the baby jolted her awake, the precious few moments of sleep that she was getting interrupted yet again by the newest and most demanding Holmes in her life, leaving her slightly disoriented for a moment.
She was on the couch, where it would seem that she had collapsed in exhaustion while folding laundry and taking advantage of her son’s naptime. Which was now apparently over she groaned regretfully as she hauled herself up off the couch and blearily stumbled towards the bedroom where the baby’s crib was.
She frowned for a moment in the hallway, wondering at the silence. Usually by now the cries would be steady and loud (much louder than a two month old child had any biological reason to be able to produce) so Molly was wondering if maybe sleep deprivation was finally taking a toll on her senses.
She was proven wrong almos immediately as she drew nearer to the door, an entirely different but unmistakable sound (lower in volume and pitch) coming from the room instead.
Standing in the doorway of the bedroom, she saw her husband, his back to her he cradled his son in his arms, quietly rocking the child and he seemed to be singing?
Surely that wasn’t the case.
The Sun’s a hot star,
Mercury’s hot, too.
Venus is the brightest,
Earth’s home to me and you.
Molly bit her lip to keep as silent as possible as she watched the two most important people in her life sway to the mostly tuneless song with words that for different reasons neither of them understood.
She wondered briefly just how many of the stars in their solar system she knew the names of in order to thank them for this moment.
(song credit: Blues Clues)
22 Notes/ Hide
- letthesongtakeflight likes this
- youcouldbethatclever likes this
- ilovetheuniverse likes this
- clockworkviolinist likes this
- theangelshavethephonebooth likes this
- alohomora-sherlocked likes this
- longest-journey likes this
- autumn-grace likes this
- araminta18 likes this
- books4evermore likes this
- ellenemi likes this
- strawberrypatty likes this
- itsaverylynn likes this
- ladyfirefly likes this
- sekretlyserket likes this
- tygermama said: Oh thank you so much! This was just ‘eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!’ adorable.
- tygermama likes this
- belacrawford likes this
- just-sittin-eatin-bagels likes this
- dizzypersephone likes this
- amostpeculiarmademoiselle likes this
- captaincuckoo likes this